Magrath Cardston Division Marching Band
Director: Boyd M Hunter
To: All Members of Band Parents Association.
From: Executive Committee.
Subject: Montreal Activities ( 1976 Olympiciad)
At a special general meeting of January 21, 1976, the parents present and the band executives discussed the possibility of going to Montreal, July 15-22/76. It was the feeling of the majority of the people that this would be a great opportunity for the band students. At this meeting we also decided each student would pay to Mrs. Sue Kado, treasurer, the sum of $10.00 minimum each month. ( Feb-July) Since then the following has been materialized:
1. We will be leaving Calgary at 10:40 A.M. July 15th and return to Calgary July 22nd at 5:30 P.M.
2. We will be playing Two sit-down concerts.
3. We will be doing an outdoor field show for 12,00 people.
4. One Street Parade.
5. We have been invited to participate at three Expo baseball games (which were internationally broadcasted.)
6. We will be visiting "Man and His World" on complimentary visas.
7. Our housing has been taken care of.
8. We are waiting invitations for opening of Olympic events.
9. We are arranging tickets for some Olympic events.
10. Bus tours will be taken of Historical important places.
We hope you feel this information gives you a little insight into the plans thus far. We will keep you informed on any further developments.
At this time, we the executives would like to thank each and every parent for all your assistance. We will not be able to carry on without the help of all the parents. Again, our sincere thanks to one and all.
Parents: if you don't hear music instruments practicing in your home, please encourage them to produce some music for your ears as Mr. Hunter feels more practice at home is needed and is necessary to remain as the Top Band in competition.